2018 graduates Alumni Email
First Time Log In
Go to https://outlook.office365.com
Enter your First Time Login: in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your temporary password. You will then be prompted to reset your password.
Your email will then default to: email@example.com
office 365 Features include
- Easily manage your email with 50GB mailboxes and send messages up to 25MB in size.
- Work from almost anywhere with automatically updated email, calendar, and contacts across the devices you use most, including PCs, Macs, iPhones/iPads, Androids, and Windows Phones.
- Connect with all of the rich functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010 or 2007, whether you're online at home, on campus, or working offline.
- Configure other email clients to access your Office 365 Exchange email, such as Apple Mail, Outlook 2011 for Mac, Thunderbird and others.
- Access your email, calendar, and contacts from nearly any web browser with the Outlook look and feel with an Outlook Web App.
FAQs for 2018 graduates
To Log In: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Email address is: email@example.com
Q. What will transfer over?
A. Your email messaes and mailbox rules will transfer with your email account but your signatures, mailbox themes, and forwarding rules will have to be reset.
Q. What happens if I do not log in before June 19th?
A. Your temporary password will expire on June 19th. To reset your password after this date, please call the Caltech Alumni Association office at (626) 395-6592.
Q. How long can I use my current caltech.edu email address?
A. You can continue to use your student email address through August 2018. In September, your Caltech email address will be closed. Any subscriptions you have will need to be updated by this time as well.
Q. What is Office 365?
A. Microsoft Office 365 is a collection of cloud-based collaboration and productivity services, including Exchange email and calendar, SharePoint sites, online Office document editing, file storage, IM, and web conferencing.
Q. How does Office 365 relate to Microsoft Office?
A. Microsoft Office is a suite of tools that includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote that is installed on your computer. With the use of SharePoint and Office Online, Office 365 allows users to view and edit Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote documents in a browser.
Q. Why did Caltech choose Office 365?
A. Caltech conducted an extensive evaluation process based upon our specific needs. Office 365 was the closest match for Caltech's requirements and offered the best security and privacy features (FERPA, HIPAA, no data mining, no advertising, U.S. hosted data only, etc.)
Q. What are the email limits for Office 365?
A. Individual mailboxes include 50GB of storage and individual emails can be up to 25MB.
Q. Can I get another alumni email address?
A. Yes, please fill out the form before to request an alternative email address. Please allow 1-2 weeks for account creation notification via the preferred email address provided.