Student Alumni Committees
Members of the undergraduate and graduate Student Alumni Committees (SAC) help the Caltech Alumni Association with programs and events that build community, connect students with alumni, and foster lifelong intellectual and emotional connections with the institute. We work to inspire Caltech pride and strengthen the bond that current students have with institute, their class, and the entire alumni family. We provide professional, social, and service opportunities to current students. Both committees are made up of students from all houses, cohorts, lab groups, and programs.
What DO THE STUDENT ALUMNI COMMITTEES (SAC) DO?
The SAC supports CAA programs and events that build class community, connect students and alumni, and foster good will toward Caltech. Members of the SAC will:
- Positively represent the Caltech student body
- Attend Caltech Alumni Association events (when available)
- Act as an ambassador to students and alumni
- Assist in the recruitment of future SAC members
- Plan and execute events that bring students and alumni together:
- Serve as student facilitators for Dinner with Techers or as a liaison between alumni and CAA on TecherTrek company site visits
- Identify potential alumni speakers for TecherTalk Alumni Speaker Panels
- Act as representatives of the current Caltech students to the alumni community
- Assemble and coordinate student reunion volunteers needed for alumni relations events
- Help the CAA staff facilitate Reunion Weekend and Seminar Day
- Foster student-alumni connections at Reunion Weekend and other various alumni events
BENEFITS OF BEING A SAC member
- Receive training in communications and event project management
- Receive knowledge of alumni events, exposure to career opportunities and networking
- Sharpen communication, marketing, and public speaking skills
- Obtain leadership experience through student facilitator, ambassador, and liaison roles
- Sharpen interpersonal and conversational skills and enhance your confidence
- Serve as an important resource for students
- Gain a greater understanding of Caltech
- Have fun through service!
WHAT MAKES A GOOD SAC MEMBER?
- Genuine desire to help Caltech remain a world-class institution
- Interest in teaching others the benefits of getting to know the Alumni Association
- Team-oriented disposition
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Good work ethic to perform team tasks
To remain an active member of the SAC, you must attend bi-monthly and quarterly meetings/training sessions, actively participate in volunteer opportunities, and conduct all SAC business with high integrity and a level of professionalism.
Recruitment is year-round. All undergraduate and graduate students are welcomed and encouraged to join. The time commitment is one year.
Interested in joining or have questions? Email email@example.com.