This is a pilot program of the Caltech Alumni Association and terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. All grants are subject to approval by the Caltech Alumni Association.
- All activities are governed by the honor code and must be legal.
- Each alumnus or alumna may apply for one $100 or $250 grant and/or one $500 grant per year.
- Only one grant per event will be approved.
- Grants are subject to reimbursement guidelines.
- To receive reimbursement, event organizer must provide attendance sheet, event photos, post-event report and receipts. We also ask that you help publicize the event on our Facebook and LinkedIn groups (if you’re not on these social media sites, we can post for you.) Please allow up to 4 weeks for reimbursement.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your event.
- For $500 grants, money is awarded on a first-come, first served basis, with up to 10 grants available annually.*
- Grants may be used to provide total funding for a program or event, or partial funding to lower costs to alumni.
- The Play Dough program is meant to kickstart alumni activity but not provide ongoing funding for repeat events or for events already sponsored by the Caltech Alumni Association. For repeat events, one option that has been successfully used in some regions is for alums to pay for some or all of the event cost. The Play Dough program could help by partially or fully paying for the first of a new series of events. The CAA hopes that after the first event, if there is local interest, additional such events could be funded by local alums.