Phisher scam message sent to Caltech users

May 28, 2008
A large number of alumni and campus personnel have received a message this afternoon claiming to be from "Caltech Team" and asking the recipient to reply with their email username and password. These messages are fakes, and IMSS will never ask you to divulge your passwords.
A sample of the one that was received this afternoon, which may be subject to change, is below.
For questions or help with your @alumni.caltech.edu email account, write to email@alumni.caltech.edu or call 626/395-8365.
SAMPLE MESSAGE