Sign Up As An Advisor
By signing up as an advisor on CAAN, you can have conversations with students and other alumni about their careers, provide feedback on their resumes and cover letters, and help them prepare for interviews. You choose the career topics you are willing to help out with and the frequency of career conversations you would like to engage in on a monthly basis. It only takes a few minutes to sign up and you can easily set up an account using your LinkedIn account information or email address.
SIGN UP TO BECOME AN ADVISOR TODAY AT: ALUMNIADVISORS.CALTECH.EDU
Sign up to Get Advice
Alumni and students can sign up for the Caltech Alumni Advisors Network (CAAN) to get advice, support, and insights from alumni who have been in your shoes. Alumni advisors want to help, and already have time set aside to talk to you. You can find alumni advisors by location, field of study, industry, employer, and so much more. Find other Techers to talk to about your career, academic pursuits, or business.
Here are some of the topics you can talk to advisors about:
- Changing careers
- Salary negotiation
- Transitioning from school to work
- Work-life balance
- Retirement planning
- Balancing children and careers
- Linked-in profile review
- Business communications
- Applying for national awards and fellowships
- Applying to graduate school
- Crafting a personal statement
- Making the most of your time in school
- Studying tips
- Thriving at exam time
- Writing a dissertation
- First generation college student
- Women in STEM
- Students and alumni of color
- International Students
- People with disabilities
Log in to the Caltech Alumni Advisors Network for the full list of discussion topics.
The purpose of CAAN is to facilitate connections and career conversations within the alumni community and between alumni and current students.
- Have career-related discussions
- Be professional in your interactions
- Set up your account with as much information as possible and include a photo
If you have questions about the platform or concerns about your interactions, contact us at email@example.com.