Call for SUGGESTIONS
Caltech Alumni Association (CAA)
Board of Directors
The mission of the Caltech Alumni Association to promote the interests of Caltech as a world standard of academic excellence by strengthening the ties of goodwill and communication between the Institute, its alumni, and its students, and by maintaining programs to serve their needs. A Director provides strategic leadership to the Caltech Alumni Association in support of its mission.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities
Basic Requirements and Participation
- Be an alumna/alumnus of Caltech or a postdoctoral scholar who is a Member of the Caltech Alumni Association.
- Advocate on behalf of the Caltech Alumni Association’s mission and programs.
- Represent the CAA with integrity; you are an ambassador for the CAA and for Caltech.
- Attend quarterly board meetings on campus.
- Serve on committees or task forces. Offer to take on special assignments as you are able.
- Attend Caltech Alumni Association events such as Seminar Day, Alumni College and alumni events in your local region when you can do so.
- Stay informed - be familiar with CAA programs and publications such as the monthly e-newsletter and the annual alumni publication “Techer."
Duties and Conduct
- Adopt an overall strategic mindset by focusing on the big issues, establishment of CAA policy, and long-range planning that matter most.
- Set fiscal policies and ensure appropriate internal controls. Approve the annual budget and carefully monitor financial reports.
- Assess the Organization’s achievement of its goals.
- Identify and suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and the Organization.